Friday, March 13, 2009

Costa Rica?

I keep on hearing about Twitter and keep on shrugging it off. My first thoughts on the whole situation of twitter was wondering how a generation of people could have become so lazy, that even blogging has to now become a matter of quick and easy. Twitter is literally like the fast food of blogging.
And yet, seeing more and more people on livejournal using twitter to update, and having it talked about in classrooms and such is making me edge more and more towards getting my own. Because now I'm curious, and I have to see what it's like. I don't know if I will ever get a twitter account in the end... that is still very much up in the air as I do still think it's the easy way out when it comes to contacting your friends or blogging... but the appeal is there. Isn't publicity amazing?

In other news I'm concentrating right now on a set of geishas. I'm pretty excited about them, but they probably won't be done for another month or so. We'll see. Maybe I can finish them up a little faster. I am trying to build my portfolio at this point. The work I was doing before I started on the paintings just was not satisfying to me, so I still have a lot of work to do in order to build a large enough portfolio. This summer will be a good time to get started on that. This summer I will not be able to follow Nigel around on the gallery and convention tour as I will be working on the week-ends with one of my families, so instead I will have to concentrate and making enough work that I will be able to really jumpstart my career next summer.

I've been thinking about what to do in between my last semester and graduate school. I will be finishing up my BA in December of this year, so I will have a semester where I will not be able to go to school. I'm trying to convince Nigel that we need to go to Costa Rica for two months in order for me to finish learning my spanish.
If we do well this summer and make sure to start saving ahead of time I think that it's something that we might be able to actually do.
The kids would be overjoyed I'm sure, and they would be fluent by the time we got back. Nigel and Myself might not be fluent but at least we would be able to hold our own.
So this is what I'm researching at the moment. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment